Superb One Bedroom Townhouse with Mezzanine Floor and Studio Apartment in Licata Sicily italy
Euroresales Property iD – 9824582
The property is a mid terrace town house, located in the historical part of LiCATA, just off the main Piazza. it has two separate but adjacent entrances.
The double door entrance opens into a room suitable as a studio apartment with bathroom and space for small kitchen unit. White ceramic floor tiles, Two ceiling lights,plugs and sockets, for TV with antennae, and a/c. Doorway to upper floor which could be enclosed with a lockable door.
Original beam above the main entrance.Original glass doors are available for installation behind the main double door. New sanitary units and shower installed in bathroom.
Hallway: Accessed from separate entrance and/or from ground floor studio room.Ceiling light, and newly installed electrical box. White ceramic tiles and stairs to upper floor.
White ceramic tiled floor. Electrical power points and antennae for TV, a/c, washing machine, dish washer etc.
Space for small kitchen units. Space beneath stairs.Ceiling light. Bathroom: completely remodelled. Slate grey floor and tiles in shower area, glass shower screen.
Double glass doors with wooden outer shutters to balcony. Above these door on the exterior wall, is a bas relief depicting the Coat of Arms of the the city of Licata.
Stairs to upper mezzanine floor, grey marble. Wall light and two way light switch.
Above the bathroom in a contained space is a newly installed huge water tank and immersion heater. Ceiling light and sockets, white ceramic floor tiles.
Walls throughout have been re-plastered and painted white. Existing doors are wooden and in good condition.
The exterior of the house has been repainted.
Mains water and electricity are connected.
A point of historical interest: This property,that bears the Coat of Arms above the door was once the entrance and part thereof to the original Town Hall.
No. of Beds: Two – but could sleep 6+
No. of Reception Rooms: two
Floor Space (metres squared): 92 +/- approximately
Parking: Street Parking
Distance from Sea: Walking
Distance from Airport: 1.5 Hours +
Distance from Main Attraction: Walking
About the area:
The house is in the historic part of Licata, and does in fact bear the coat of arms of the town in a bas relief above the balcony doors.
At one point it was the entrance to the old town hall.
Licata is a city and commune located on the south coast of Sicily,
at the mouth of the Salso River, about midway between Agrigento and Gela.
Licata,is a town of elegant baroque palazzi, a 16thcentury castle, and the archaeological remains of the ancient Greek city, at Monte Sant’Angelo. .
* A notable place of interest is the 15th Century Chiasa Santa Maria La Nova, it houses the famous statue of the Black Christ.
* A short walk from the town lies the beautiful Marina di Cala del Sole, a shopping plaza, and cafes.
* Marinella beach is a sunlovers’ paradise, with other beaches dotted along the coastline within an easy drive.
* Within a short drive to the westof Licata is Agrigento a UNESCO world heritage site, and the impressive Valley of the Temples.
* The hilltop town, nearby, of Palma di Montechiaro was made famous by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa in his novel il Gattopardo. Chiese Matrice still stands and can be visited.
* Food isfound in abundance at the many cafes and restaurants that serve traditional local dishes. La Madia the Michelin rated restaurant is ranked as the number 1 restaurant in Licata.
* The town is served by regular bus and train services to Palermo and Catania, as well as local buses to nearby towns and places of interest.
* it is in this region, made famous by writer Andrea Camilleri, where his fictional Detective Montelbano pursues his line of work.
it is a major seaport developed at the turn of the twentieth century, shipping sulphur,
the refining of which has made Licata the largest European exporting centre, and asphalt, and at times shipping cheese.